Who is it for?
Impellus’ negotiation skills training is essential for professionals who want to develop and enhance their skills, techniques and behaviours in order to achieve an improvement in desirable outcomes both externally and internally.
The course is also suitable for anyone within an organisation who may find themselves in a position where they are influencing a final agreement and not directly involved in the final discussion.
What does it cover?
This one day course will look at the core aspects of negotiation and introduce a four stage process together with the skills needed at each phase to help you prepare and plan. It will highlight the ‘tradable variables’ to consider in situations as diverse as contract negotiation or staff conflict and cement the understanding of cost versus value.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Plan for negotiation situations
- Steer negotiation conversations with a more considered approach
- Consider perceived value to ensure win-win rather than cut costs and profit
- Recognise the most effective techniques to build rapport with individuals
- Be more persuasive and influential
- Deal with pressure and handle conflict
- Gain agreement and buy-in
Negotiation skills training and techniques overview
- Discover a formalised structure by which to effectively plan all negotiations and trades
- Adding value to all ‘tradable variables’ and how they can be displayed with greater worth
- Assertiveness and considering when and how to adapt it
- Actively influencing others by presenting oneself as complementary to the other party
- Discovering ways to remove doubt to achieve a satisfactory outcome
- Enabling win-win situations and ensuring repeat business