Many clients deliberate between in-house and open training courses.
Would in-house learning hit all our learning requirements or feel like a telling off? Would the external perspective of other delegates on open courses sharpen our Managers as much as the training itself?
Key factors to consider are the desired learning styles and outcomes, financial viability, qualifications you may receive and external influences.
We’re used to discussing these key factors in detail with our clients to help decide which training style best suits their development requirements. The table below highlights important points which contribute to each training factor.
The debate is currently also influenced by the 50% matched funding available towards our ILM accredited open management and leadership development courses.
- At client site or choice of venue
- Use subtle peer pressure to align whole teams
- Ideal for consolidating teams of Managers through facilitative learning
- Familiar environment for Managers
- Fresh learning environment away from workplace – helps Managers break free from performance or attitude preconceptions and allows clear thinking
- Meet Managers from other businesses, sectors and organisational sizes
- High standard of dedicated training venues
- Lunch and refreshments served away from training environment
- Limited delegate numbers
- Ability to provide tailored or bespoke learning
- Extend open course content to address business-specific needs
- Specifically designed to your Managers’ requirememts
- Fully briefed trainers who have researched you requirements
- Building of learning and development programmes to categorically deliver against specific objectives
- Ideal for consultative learning
- Private analysis, consultancy and strategic development
- Specifically designed to deliver real and immediate performance benefits
- No role play
- Mixed and non-didactic learning styles
- Robust structure encourages Managers to take more responsibility
- Delegates sharing external perspectives
- Understanding that challenges are not industry-or-company-specific
- Projects can be optionally accredited by the ILM or done without accreditation
- ILM Awards at Level 3 and 5
- ILM Awards at Level 3 and 5
- All courses accredited by the ILM can be taken individually or upgraded afterwards
- Develop team understanding of what can be done differently to improve performance
- Encourage new thinking throughout management teams
- Create a large team of change agents to deploy in your organisation at the same time
- Managers appreciate similar challenges faced by peers of very different organisations
- Managers can apply new skills directly into the workplace
- Develop personal understanding of what can be done differently to improve performance
- Encourage new thinking in an organisation
Booking and logistics
- Venue booked by you
- Managers together
- Catering provided by you
- Charged by day – right numbers imperative for best RoI
- Not all Managers out together at the same time
- Flexibility in numbers and venue choice
- All facilities provided by Impellus
- Charged by delegate per day so highly flexible
Have a look at our training day pictures to see what it’s like on an Impellus course.