Persuasion & Influence
Develop powerful and compelling techniques which win over people’s thinking
Who is it for?
This course is essential for all people in a sales or account management role who are dealing with potentially difficult customers or situations
What does it cover?
This course will help delegates to reduce resistance to new ideas or products and eliminate conflict. Delegates will learn how to build rapport more easily by using appropriate communication styles and they will actively practice persuasion techniques for dealing with awkward customers.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Become more persuasive and exert greater influence
- Be more confident and effective in handling different people and situations
- Understand different communication styles and learn to adapt their own as necessary
- Be more successful in negotiations
- Actively use emotional intelligence
- Use persuasive language skills
- Avoid conflict
Understanding influence and persuasion
- Understanding the influence of everything
- The characteristics of a successful persuader
- The secrets of selfbelief and courage
Preparing to persuade
- Building rapport by understanding the perspectives of others
- The importance of nonverbal
Exploring the outcomes that others are after
- Effective questioning techniques
- Realising that all behaviours have a positive intention
- Hone acuity and overcome barriers to active listening
- How to choose and deploy the style you’re after
- Eliminating barriers to conflict
- Understanding how to use assertiveness and yet avoid threatening behaviour
- Use emotional intelligence to your advantage
- Negotiate for a genuine win-win situation
Duration and cost
1 day, see private clients page for costings