Key Account Management
Develop and maintain valuable relationships with key account customers
Who is it for?
Either newly appointed account managers, those with no formal training, or those who are looking to refresh their thinking with key accounts.
What does it cover?
This course helps you manage customer accounts effectively in a competitive market where clients can be increasingly demanding or aware of your competitors’ offerings. You will learn; best-practice techniques to engage with clients, negotiating, reporting, and providing high levels of service when managing multiple relationships.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Use business development skills to gain entry to potential new clients
- Understand how to build longterm relationships at all levels within clients’ organisations
- Adopt key negotiation skills to persuade, influence and grow existing accounts
- Employ networking skills to grow your existing client base
- Prioritise time to manage multiple relationships with equally high levels of service
- Be commercially aware and spot new opportunities
- Know your role as an account manager: assess, set goals, benchmark, bridge
- How to set up successful client meetings
- Know what you’re up against by researching and analysing competitors
- Practical exercises to determine and model the skills of successful account managers
- Identify everyone in a decision making process
- Engage with the buyer’s point of view to correctly realise their needs
- Identify client expectations and negotiate mutual goals
- Work with your client to manage change
- Learn different styles of persuasion and influence
- Best practice in database and report management
- Proposal writing skills and metrics
Duration and cost
2 days, see private clients page for costings