Building strong professional relationships at the levels you’re after through control of your reactions and behaviour
Who is it for?
For those working in environments where there are frequent and challenging interactions with colleagues and customers. Particularly useful for those who need to understand the underlying nature of their own and others’ responses, and who want to improve the quality of their interactions
What does it cover?
This course is about understanding how people reveal emotion and how it affects work performance, relationships and morale in the workplace. It demonstrates how to ensure emotions can be controlled and focussed for greater efficiency, effectiveness and enjoyment. A combination of insight, skills and tools are revealed and practised.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Clearly understand how working relationships can be improved
- Identify underlying emotions which shape their own behaviours and those of others
- Control and deal with emotions
- Read and respond effectively to the emotions of others
- Have the ability to build an empathic relationship
How emotions work
- The relationship between emotion and intelligence
- The root cause of emotion
- How emotions affect everything we ultimately do
- The three groups of emotion
- The difference between emotions and feelings
- Why people are emotionally over sensitive without even realising it
- How to avoid emotional confusion
How to manage and control emotions
- The important difference between reaction and response
- The relationship between emotion and motivation
- Identifying the learned beliefs that shape many of our emotions
- How to be at peace with your self and reduce anxiety
- Increasing self motivation
How to respond to other people’s emotions
- Non verbal communication and how to listen with your eyes
- Developing an emotional literacy
- The difference between empathy, sympathy and apathy
- Building an empathic relationship
- The art of non-threatening communication
Duration and cost
1 day, see private clients page for costings