Leading through change
Motivate and coach people effectively through change situations
Who is it for?
Managers and leaders who are facing the challenges of leading people through a programme of change.
What does it cover?
Change is all around yet the human condition can fear change. Handled and communicated correctly though, new changes can be used to motivate and energise. Ineffective management through change can result in disaster with emotional and commercial fallout. This course takes you through best practice in change management, provides effective methods for overcoming barriers to change, and shows you how to win the buy-in of your people.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way
- Make change easier and more exciting for their teams
- Achieve positive outcomes both during and after a programme of change
- Understand how to use goal and objective setting to motivate people
– Understanding the cycles of change
– Understanding the psychology of change
- Analysing the present in terms of my team, my staff, myself and shared assumptions
- Sharing a vision of the future in terms of where you want to be
- Managing and leading through a transitionary period
- Understanding Kurt Lewin’s three phases of change: Unfreezing, moving, and refreezing
- The ten stages of organisational change
- Barriers to change
- Hard and soft leadership postures
- Planning a change programme
- Why change programmes fail
– T he most common errors
– J P Kotter
- Using change to motivate
- Action planning
Duration and cost
1 day, see private clients page for costings