Strategic Thinking & Decision Making
Develop methods for thinking laterally and creatively as individuals and teams that provide new ideas and strategies, and act upon them decisively.
Who is it for?
Managers and key personnel who want to increase their ability to create new ideas or solve problems quickly and decisively. The day is especially useful for those with specific current challenges or those in creative roles. The day also looks at how risk effects thinking and decision-making processes and how we should evaluate ideas as teams.
What does it cover?
The day provides an enlightening look at how we can use both left brain and right brain thinking to innovate, solve problems and create solutions. It examines how to understand and break free from the limits and conditioning we all have, and how to separate a calculated risk from a gamble.
The day investigates how to evaluate ideas strategically and act upon them decisively.
What will delegates be able to do differently?
- Make and explain excellent decisions more quickly
- Understand their own barriers to creative thinking
- Assess all available information when evaluating information
- Consider the impact of decisions on individuals, teams and stakeholders
- Be able to better understand ‘right’ and ‘wrong’
- Come up with effective solutions to complicated problems
- Understand ‘the dip’ and how this impacts your team
- Better understand how to evaluate risk
- Understanding creative thinking and the barriers that hold us back
- How to harmonise team thinking and decision making
- The Six Thinking Hats
- Risk: separating calculated risk from gamble
- When to use or remove emotion from creative thinking and problem solving
- Planning out ‘the dip’
- Methods for evaluating ideas
- Strategies for decision making
Venues and dates
- Birmingham 30th January 2013
- Birmingham 23rd April 2013
- London 07th February 2013
- London 22nd May 2013
- Manchester 27th February 2013
Duration and cost
1 day, £599 + VAT
Options with this course
Certification pack (hard copy certificate plus copy of delegate feedback), £11.95 + VAT
Follow-on coaching (post-course telephone coaching for dramatic results), £599 + VAT