Open training courses
Our open training courses combine learning and development with the opportunity to meet and network with peers from other organisations who are facing similar challenges. They are friendly, insightful events designed specifically to provide real organisational impact.
Many can be taken individually or as part of an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Award.
- Business Development and Account Management
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Developing Winning Teams
- Effective Communication Skills
- Handling People Problems
- Investigating Operational Efficiencies
- Leadership Skills Development
- Presenting to Win
- Senior Management and Leadership
- Strategy for Growth and Change
- Time, People and Resources
*50% funding is currently available in England and Wales - please call the bookings team on 0800 619 1230 or contact us here for full details*
About our courses
All Impellus open courses are run in an ‘open workshop’ style whereby delegates will participate in structured learning, debate, and small group exercises. We challenge the thinking of delegates and ask them to challenge us too. All training venues are bright, comfortable and easy to find, and we’ll provide a good quality lunch on each day too.
Delegate numbers are limited on each course to ensure the best possible interaction between trainer and delegates. Open courses are presented in a friendly and relaxed manner which challenges thinking in a positive manner.
Although many of our open training courses have opportunities to test new skills, none has role play sessions where delegates are asked to perform in front of the rest of the group.
- Over 99% of all delegates say they would recommend their course(s) to a colleague or friend
- Focused on providing real and immediate organisational impact
- Limited delegate numbers and interactive approach provide fantastic delegate learning experience
- Very easy to book
- Multi-place discounts keep costs in check
- Highly accessible and inspirational venues
- Free parking (except central London)
- All courses can be certificated on request (at additional charge)
- All refreshments including a superb hot and/or cold two course lunch provided on each day
All one-day courses are £599 +VAT per delegate per course
All two-day courses are £1,199 +VAT per delegate per course
All four-day courses are £2,499 +VAT per delegate per course
NB: Matched funding (ie 50% contribution) is currently available in England and Wales. Terms apply. Call 0800 619 1230 for details or enquire here.
Discounts and deals
Here's how to hit your training objectives and your budgets:
When purchasing discount packages, not all places need to be appointed at point of purchase: discounted delegate days bought but not immediately required can be reserved on account and taken at any time. Places bought as part of discount packages have no expiry date and can be drawn upon at any time in the future even if prices have subsequently risen.
- (4 for 3)
- Book three delegate days* and get one day absolutely free
- (16 for 11)
- Book eleven delegate days* and get five days absolutely free
- (32 for 20)
- Book twenty delegate days* and get twelve places absolutely free
- (48 for 28)
- Book twenty eight delegate days* and get twenty places absolutely free
- + Includes free leaver's guarantee cover
- + Includes ability to request chartered courses to suit (by acceptance, please ask)
* One delegate day is one day's training on any course or part thereof for one delegate, or one assessment pack per delegate. Thus two delegate days could be one person on a two-day training course or two separate one-day courses, or two people taking a one-day course either together or separately. A follow-on coaching programme also qualifies as one delegate day.
Impellus open management and leadership training courses fit together to provide an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Award.
Courses can be taken independently or together to form either a Level 3 Award or Level 5 Award as follows:
The open training courses are supplemented with workplace and online learning as well as telephone-based coaching and support from the Impellus ILM support team. Each delegate submits details of how the learning has been applied and that report is assessed for their Award. A copy of this submission can also be sent to the delegate booker or programme leader as a report.
It's the motivation of the Award along with the dedicated application that ensures that an Impellus ILM Award delivers outstanding return on investment.
For more information see: ILM Awards from Impellus
Certification and feedback package
This package is highly popular for those going on open course which will not form part of an Institute of Leadership and management 9ILM) Award. It provides you with an original certificate to give to your delegates to hang in pride of place on their walls, as well a copy of their feedback as given to us at the end of their course.
A useful way of reminding your people of their achievements and the investment in them as well as giving you an additional tool for assessing their learning and the usefulness of each course.
The package is only £11.95 +VAT for each paid delegate.
Terms and conditions
How we ensure we offer you and all of our delegates the best levels of service possible. Our terms and conditions.